Deck Staining & Painting
If you’re looking to update your deck and extend its lifespan with a fresh paint job, Painting Contractors Of Mountain View can professionally upgrade your deck, patio, or porch.
Your deck is an extension of your home. It offers you an outdoor space where you can relax and entertain family or friends. With a deck that is properly painted or stained, you can extend its lifetime, increase the value of your home, and improve your home’s overall aesthetic appeal.
Refinishing your deck is a complicated process. Between stripping the existing paint or stain, sanding, applying your paint or stain, you’re talking about multiple weekends of work. That is why it is best to hire.a professional. They have the proper tools and experience to do the job right the first time.
Painting or staining your deck is a difficult DIY job. Homeowners do paint or stain their decks, but it is difficult. It requires specific tools and experience to do it properly.
When you start thinking about refinishing your deck, make sure you consider everything that is involved in this project:
- Deck Cleaning. Cleaning is everything from sweeping the deck boards to power washing with a pressure washer, using a deck cleaner, and removing any peeling paint.
- For a nice smooth and even wood surface, that a coat of stain can adhere to, it’s important to sand.
- Prep the area and exterior surfaces by marking off edges with painters tape. You’ll also want to prepare your paint or stain and have all of your materials ready, like trays, rollers, and paint pads.
- Apply stain or paint.
- Wait for the paint or stain to dry by following the instructions on the product label.
As you can see, tackling this project by yourself is a lot. Hiring a professional is an easy way to make sure it gets done on time. Moreover, having a professional do it, makes sure that your deck is finished properly.
A good finish on your deck, not only improves its appearance, but it also protects it. This is good for your home and your money.
Stains work well on decks, such as PPG’s ProLuxe in a transparent, semi transparent, or solid finish. Stains are typically less slippery for deck surfaces and highlight the natural wood grain, but they need to be applied more regularly than paint
Because decks are continually exposed to harsh conditions during the year, it’s important and even necessary to make sure they are appropriately stained and regularly refinished to ensure that your deck will last for years to come.
Deck painting is a famous weekend project. But with unlimited paint colors to choose from and varying paint finishes, it is important to know where to start.
Though stain is more common with decks, for deck paint, we recommend going with a natural finish and an acrylic-base because it requires less maintenance than oil-based paint and has a UV-resistant film. Also, acrylic paints are resistant to mildew, and acrylic latex resin paints expand and contract with the varying temperatures.
Hire a Professional
The professional paint crews that Painting Contractors Of Mountain View uses on their platform have years of experience painting and staining decks. With all the necessary tools and products to do the job, you’ll be happy you went with Painting Contractors Of Mountain View.
- Mountain View, CA Deck Staining & Painting Near Me
- Los Altos, CA Deck Staining & Painting Near Me
- Sunnyvale, CA Deck Staining & Painting Near Me
- Los Altos Hills, CA Deck Staining & Painting Near Me
- Palo Alto, CA Deck Staining & Painting Near Me
- Cupertino, CA Deck Staining & Painting Near Me
- Stanford, CA Deck Staining & Painting Near Me
- East Palo Alto, CA Deck Staining & Painting Near Me
- Menlo Park, CA Deck Staining & Painting Near Me
- Santa Clara, CA Deck Staining & Painting Near Me
- Saratoga, CA Deck Staining & Painting Near Me
- Campbell, CA Deck Staining & Painting Near Me
- Milpitas, CA Deck Staining & Painting Near Me
- Newark, CA Deck Staining & Painting Near Me
- Redwood City, CA Deck Staining & Painting Near Me
- San Jose, CA Deck Staining & Painting Near Me